Fullstack Web Developer
SS Web is a software and web consulting firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa. We have a diverse client base, from small businesses to publicly traded companies; and they’re located all around the world, from Durban and Johannesburg to San Francisco and Los Angeles!
Our team is primarily remote, but candidates based in Johannesburg are welcome to work from our offices.
Our emphasis is on delivering high quality, cloud based solutions to our clients so that they can focus on making their business grow.
- You’ve got at least 4 years of development experience.
- You write clean, well-documented, maintainable and reusable code.
- You understand software design patterns.
- You know how to write performant code that scales.
- You’re comfortable using the command line and can setup your own web server (LAMP stack).
- You test your code thoroughly and ensure you deliver a product that delivers.
- You’re comfortable liaising directly with our clients to work out project specifications and requirements.
- You love to learn and spend time practicing and improving your skill.
- You’re motivated and a self-starter.
- You work well on your own or part of a team.
Our technology stack is varied and diverse. You can expect to work with some, or all of the following:
- PHP (5.4 to 7)
- PHP frameworks (Codeigniter, Laravel, Sympfony)
- REST APIs
- HTML and CSS
- Apache and Nginx
- Memcache and Redis
- MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB
- Ubuntu and CentOS
- WordPress, Drupal, PyroCMS
Experience in all of the above is not required, but the more experience you have with any of the above, the better!
Send your application to email@example.com along with a cover letter, your CV and links to any projects you’ve worked on. Bonus points for your Stack Overflow or Github profile!